BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF NORTH BERGEN that:
A. The Board of Commissioners of the Township of North Bergen considered it to be in the best interest of the citizens of the Township of North Bergen ("Township") to establish a Residential Parking Program (the "Program") in order to alleviate the hardship experienced by residents in obtaining on-street parking, to preserve the residential quality of neighborhoods, and to provide for improvements in air quality, vehicular traffic, and noise pollution. The previously established Program has successfully mitigated these potential detriments to the quality of life in the Township.
B. Based on the North Bergen Parking Authority's ("Parking Authority's") ongoing evaluation of the Program, the Township has determined that it is necessary to (1) amend the Program to include commercial permitting; (2) adjust and add certain parking controls; and (3) delegate certain authority to the Parking Authority to carry out the purposes and goals of this Ordinance.
The Permit Parking Program ordinance was passed this year and when implemented, here is what you can expect in 2019:
1. 3 hour courtesy parking period between the hours of 7:00 am to 10:00 pm for all visitors.
2. 24 hours, 7 days per week, Resident Only Zones.
3. Zone specfic permitting that will only allow parking for residents and their visitors of that particlar area.
4. Commercial parking zone/commercial vehicle permitting.
5. Permits will be required at parking meters when they are not in effect.
6. Contractor permitting for commerical vehicles performing services at one location for periods longer than one 8 hour day.